At Robinson, the safety and well-being of our team is paramount and we are 100% committed to developing our skills, knowledge and experience across the business.
Accreditation and Certification
As a business, we hold the following Certification and Accreditations which demonstrates our commitment to reducing accidents & incidents and complying with all relevant health and safety law.
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System to the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standard certified through the Steel Construction Certification Scheme (SCCS)
- British Constructional Steelwork Association (BCSA) – an SSIP membership organisation
- Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) – an SSIP membership organisation
- Constructionline Gold Membership and Acclaim – an SSIP membership organisation
Health Surveillance and Medicals
All team members attend annual health surveillance which includes a basic medical assessments of the individual’s general health.
In addition, Robinson ensures all operatives who work in Safety Critical occupations undergo Safety Critical Worker (SCW) Medicals by a competent occupational health provider. Robinson identified that site operatives who either work at height or operate mobile plant would undertake this medical.
Our team undergo specialist medical checks, these include;
- Audiometry (Hearing)
- HAVS (Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome)
- Spirometry (Lung Function)
- Dermatitis (Skin)
"Our team is at the heart of our success."
Steve Robinson - Managing Director, Robinson
Training and Professional Development
Robinson provides continuous professional development across the business.
Each new team member completes a company induction which includes health and safety and receives an Individual Development Plan (IDP) which ensures ongoing training is tailored, delivered and regularly reviewed inline with their role within the business.
In addition, we deliver our own in-house bespoke training courses and toolbox talks and, ensure the relevant team’s complete the following industry specified training:
- CITB Site Safety Plus – Health and Safety Awareness
- IOSH Working Safely
- CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- IOSH Managing Safety
Our Construction site teams are trained in-line with regulatory requirements and Build UK industry standards, and each member holds the required cards to the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS), Construction Plant Certification Scheme (CPCS), International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), Prefabricated Access Suppliers & Manufactures Association (PASMA)and First Aid training for their occupation.
Robinson Crane Supervisors and Appointed Persons have each completed the relevant CITB testing and have achieved the following NVQ Qualifications:
- Controlling Lifting Operations – Supervising
- Controlling Lifting Operations – Lift Planner
The Board of Directors, where relevant, are undertaking the CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety training course.