The safety and well-being of our team is paramount
At Robinson, the safety and well-being of our team is paramount and we are 100% committed to developing our skills, knowledge and experience across the business.
Accreditation and Certification
As a business, we hold the following Certification and Accreditation:
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System to the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standard
- British Constructional Steelwork Association (BCSA)
- Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) membership organisations including the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
- Constructionline certification.
Health Surveillance and Medicals
All team members attend an annual Health Surveillance which includes a basic medical assessment of the individual’s general health.
In addition, we ensure all operatives who work in Safety Critical occupations (those who work at height or mobile plant operatives) undergo Safety Critical Worker (SCW) Medicals by a competent occupational health provider.
Our team undergoes specialist medical checks, these include:
- Audiometry (hearing)
- HAVS (Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome)
- Spirometry (Lung function)
- Dermatitis (skin tests).
"Our team is at the heart of our success."
Steve Robinson - Managing Director, Robinson
Training and Professional Development
We provide continual professional development (CPD) across the business.
Each new team member completes a health and safety induction and receives an Individual Development Plan (IDP) which ensures ongoing training is tailored, delivered and regularly reviewed in line with their role within the business.
In addition, we deliver our own in-house bespoke training courses called ‘Toolbox Talks’ and ensure the relevant team’s complete the following industry specified training:
- CITB Site Safety Plus – Health and Safety Awareness training course is held by our Site operatives.
- CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
Our Construction site teams are trained in-line with regulatory requirements and Build UK industry standards, and each member holds the relevant CSCS/CPCS, IPAF, PASMA cards and First Aid training for their individual occupation.
Robinson Crane Supervisors have each completed the relevant CITB testing and have achieved the following NVQ qualifications:
- Controlling Lifting Operations
- Supervising and Controlling Lifting Operations
- Lift Planner.