Due to continued growth and success of Robinson Structures Ltd, we are looking to recruit an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to join our busy and growing company. You will join our Buildings and Turn-Key team and will be responsible for dealing with all stages of each project, from tender to delivery. You will also play a vital role in ensuring we exceed customer expectations and always put the needs and wants of our valued customers first.
· Closing date for applications is: 16th September
· Please send CV and cover letter to: Jobs@robinsons.com
· Job function: Engineering
· Employment type: Full time
· Company industry: Construction
· Proven track record in both Estimating & Quantity Surveying.
· Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills.
· Able to interpolate surveys and produce schedule of quantities.
· Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally.
· Must be flexible in hours of work and travel; the role is based in the Derby office but involves on-site visits when requested.
· Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office.
· Prepare quotations from first principles.
· Obtain sub-contractor quotes etc.
· To work with the Project Manager with the commissioning and the delivery of programmes of work.
· To manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts, including preparation of client invoices, valuing variations, final account negotiations.
· To support the authorisation and submission of project variations.
· Placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
· To constantly promote Robinsons Structure’s values towards its customers in order to exceed their expectations.
Experience and Education
· Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable).
· Experience within a similar role.
We are a modern, family-owned, customer-focused construction company specialising in projects involving structural steelwork, built upon three generations of the Robinson family. We are passionate about what we do, not only in the practical and technical processes that we employ, but about the benefits that our projects can deliver for our clients and society as a whole.
We put our clients first, and aim to add real value to their organisations by the way we approach our projects. Our personal and professional style of management seeks to get close to our clients, to understand what they need, to deliver the best project possible. The Robinson family and their highly skilled colleagues have been producing and building steel frames since the 1950s when Sidney Robinson, the father of current Managing Director Steve Robinson, began refurbishing and extending existing agricultural buildings. From these humble beginnings the Robinson family name has grown into one of the most recognised in the industry.
We operate across numerous sectors including recycling, agriculture, healthcare, education, transport, offices, etc. We offer a number of services to our clients including structural steelwork, cladding, groundworks, walling, refurbishment, electrical services and are fully conversant with a range of contractual arrangements (such as JCT and NEC3) and procurement routes (such as design & build, traditional and PFI/PPP).