Due to continued growth and success of Robinson Structures Ltd, we are looking to recruit a Project Manager to join our busy and growing company. The main purpose of this role is to manage and deliver multiple capital approved jobs from inception to completion, managing timescales and budget. You will also play a vital role in ensuring we exceed customer expectations and always put the needs and wants of our valued customers first. This role will involve regular travel so it is essential that applicants can be flexible to the needs of the business.
· Closing date for applications is: 30th September
· Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Job function: Engineering
· Employment type: Full time
· Company industry: Construction
· Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills.
· Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally with the ability to interact at all levels of the organisation.
· Must be flexible in hours of work and travel; the role is based in the Derby office but involves on-site visits when requested.
· Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office.
· Self-managing with ability to plan and prioritise multiple activities.
· Exceptional time management skills.
· Management and reporting of project KPIs, ensuring project deliverables are met in accordance with the programme, quality and cost.
· Provide up to date project information on progress, including any variations.
· Ensure clear and concise CAD drawings are produced for the design team and contractors.
· Maintain awareness of changing legislation within the construction industry particularly Health and Safety.
· Subcontractor Management; strategic, relationship and contractual and commercial management.
· Plan the entire project deliver to meet contractual and industry standards.
· Ensure corrective action is taken when the standards have not been met, including resolving on-site issues.
· Coordinate with the wider project team to ensure the resources, supply chain and contractual opportunities can be utilised to maximise returns.
· Monitor safety on site and feedback learning’s into the business.
· Be aware of industry initiatives and technological advances.
· To implement all of Robinson Structure’s policies including those for SHE and risk management.
· To constantly promote Robinsons Structure’s values towards its customers in order to exceed. their expectations.
Education and Experience:
· Proven track record in project management, ideally within the construction industry.
· Professional membership of a construction institute (e.g. CIOB, RICS) is desirable.
· Proven experience of delivering projects on time and to budget.
· Project Management qualification is desirable but not essential.
· Experience of managing 3rd party contractors and managing supplier relationships.
We are a modern, family-owned, customer-focused construction company specialising in projects involving structural steelwork, built upon three generations of the Robinson family. We are passionate about what we do, not only in the practical and technical processes that we employ, but about the benefits that our projects can deliver for our clients and society as a whole.
We put our clients first, and aim to add real value to their organisations by the way we approach our projects. Our personal and professional style of management seeks to get close to our clients, to understand what they need, to deliver the best project possible. The Robinson family and their highly skilled colleagues have been producing and building steel frames since the 1950s when Sidney Robinson, the father of current Managing Director Steve Robinson, began refurbishing and extending existing agricultural buildings. From these humble beginnings the Robinson family name has grown into one of the most recognised in the industry.
We operate across numerous sectors including recycling, agriculture, healthcare, education, transport, offices, etc. We offer a number of services to our clients including structural steelwork, cladding, groundworks, walling, refurbishment, electrical services and are fully conversant with a range of contractual arrangements (such as JCT and NEC3) and procurement routes (such as design & build, traditional and PFI/PPP).